Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Difference A Week Makes

Last week I was in Monterey, California, enjoying the beach, sunshine and incredible views.  Being in such a beautiful place made me feel on top of the world.
 


I couldn't get enough of that gorgeous place and all the life it supports. 
 
 
Fast forward to this weekend - I am stuck in bed with that flu, the one that is making all the headlines.  I assure you that it is real and it is every bit as bad as the press claims it is.  And there is nothing I can do for it but rest and drink plenty of fluids.
 


I know that this is life - the eb and flow, ups and downs.  I am surrending to the inertia I need to heal just like I surrendered to the warm embrace of Mother Nature on the Pacific coast last week. 

I hope you are enjoying a healthy and happy weekend.  Remember to wash your hands often, avoid touching your face with your hands (I'm a big offender of this), and take good care of yourself to keep your immune system strong.

2 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself. I hope this passes soon.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading your blogs in reverse order...glad that you are on the mend from this virus. I love colder weather because it gives me the chance to wear long sleeves or scarves that I can then grab door handles with, etc...avoiding touching such common areas where the offending germs lurk. Even in warmer weather, I make an effort to use my elbow or a light-weight scarf just to NOT touch all those germ-ridden buttons, knobs, handles, etc. Oh...and washing my hands preferably with regular soap (not antibacterial)...it is really the MOA (method of action) used in cleaning our hands with plain old soap and warm water...and rinsing thoroughly that keeps our hands clean. There is no fast and easy way to wash...slow and steady wins the health race.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think. Your voice and story are important to this space.